The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > End Time Delusion, Cults, and Heresies

Old 06-16-2010, 06:41 PM

Exclamation Seeking answers to false teachings about a friend

Hello All,

I have a friend who went to a Glory revival meeting service in Melbourne Australia and the person who was speaking there were Ian Clayton from (New Zealand) his guests were Judy garden and Joann McFatter.

This friend is a born again spirit filled christian; her husband was a baptist pastor. Recently she has been going to "Glory revival meetings" and has been reading the teachings of Chuck Pierce and listening to Joann Mcfatter music. She has also obtained cd's of Ian Clayton's teachings.

Has anyone heard of Ian Clayton? Can you please give spiritual advice as to approach this situation.

This is a blog about Ian Clayton's Ministry from website
http://www.ianclayton.org/about/about.html

Ian Clayton is the founder of Son of Thunder. For the past 24 years he has pursued passionately a life of trying to understanding and get to know who the person of God really is. He is vitally connected within a local church and serves in the capacity as an Elder, at Bay City Outreach Centre in Hastings, New Zealand.

Ian travels itinerantly by invitation throughout New Zealand, Africa, America and Asia ministering, teaching, equipping and mandating people to become Sons of God.

Ian's heart in founding Son of Thunder was to have an avenue to put strategies and keys into believers' hands to enable them to actively participate in the reality of the realms of God's Kingdom and to experience the empowerment of life as the spirit beings we were created to be.

Ian trains and equips believers to give their lives in a persistent, passionate pursuit of the person of God, enabling them to discover that their lives are about the preparation for oneness and unity with God for the purpose of becoming mandated and authorized ambassadors of His Kingdom. His passion is to reveal to the Sons of God the purpose of the power of the attorney of God within them, removing the sense of powerlessness and hopelessness that is often attached to many in the body of Christ when they are confronted with the reality of the spirit world that surrounds them.

Through insights, equipping, and teaching and with practical biblical tools, Ian brings to reality the accessibility of the realms of Heaven, enabling the release of the potential within each person as a Son of God. Assisting many to grasp, to be empowered and unlock the potential of the Kingdom of God within them. This in turn releases the ability to be able to see and participate in the activities of the Kingdom of Heaven. His desire is to equip believers with the reality of what it means to "be in the spirit" and in the realms of God, enabling them to actively participate with God and be in His world and building with Him and not just doing things for Him.

His lifestyle, born out of the desire and a walk of initiating and building a friendship with God, became a journey that required the breaking of religious structures, mind sets and beliefs that he had, that disempowered and hid the reality and accessibility of being in the realms of the world of God's Kingdom.

Ian teaches that intimacy is about "the passionate pursuit of the person of God" and doing things with Him because you want to not because you have to.

Intimacy, love and friendship go beyond what you have to do and need to, to what you want to. For Ian intimacy became a place of doing things to be with God, not to just please Him, but to be with Him in His world, enabling Ian to experience the joy in doing and sharing things with the person of God.

This desire for friendship and intimacy has uncovered the yearning in the heart of God to share His life and His ways in return.

Ian's passion is to lead people into this walk of intimacy and encounter so that they can experience who God is, what He does, how He does it, what He thinks and how He feels. Ian's phrase, "the passionate pursuit of the person of God for the promise of the provision of the power of God," is for Ian defined most in Genesis 5:24 "And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him".

For 24 years Ian has pursued and desired the reality of a relationship, "To know God and be known by Him". his type of intimacy has lead to a deeper insatiable desire to uncover more of who God is and to know more about his realm and Kingdom, often revealing Gods desire for us to walk on the ancient paths with Him and experience life with Him in His Kingdome and realm.

Ian believes that this type of lifestyle alone will empower us to be able to touch a broken and desperate world that needs to see the reality of the supernatural realms of Heaven and the return of the Sons of the Kingdom to their rightful place as heirs.

A link to his teachings

http://www.ianclayton.org/resources/resources.html

Thanks

Stephanie.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Mod*man

Stephanie,

I've never heard of Ian Clayton, but after looking at the links you provided, he is into new age type doctrine.

He speaks of travelling with God to heavenly realms and even to different times in history. He also talks about releasing the potential inside youself...which is new age and the opposite of true Christianity. True Christianity is to reckon yourself dead, and be born again, a new creation in Christ.

He seems sincere and excited, like he has discovered something new, but its been around for thousands of years in occultic circles...spirit guides, astral projection, and new age mysticism.

You should pray for the Lord to open your friend's eyes. Also, find someone who has actually heard of this guy, or come free from his teachings, so that you know how to help your friend.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:33 AM

I checked out the site and here is their statement:

Welcome to the Son of Thunder website
Son of Thunder is the Itinerant Ministry of Ian Clayton

Ian's heart in founding Son of Thunder was to have an avenue to put strategies and keys into believers' hands to enable them to actively participate in the reality of the realms of God's Kingdom and to experience the empowerment of life as the spirit beings we were created to be.

Through insights, equipping, and teaching and with practical biblical tools, Ian brings to reality the accessibility of the realms of Heaven, enabling the release of the potential within each person as a Son of God.

To me, sort of a strange statement.
No mention of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Fisherman; 06-17-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 PM

"Ian Clayton will be coming to Scotland in mid August. We (Scotland Ablaze) are hosting a 2 day mystic school."
http://scotlandablaze.com/

Ian has absolutely no teachings on his website other than what is for sale there. It is very hard to find informatinon him. What little I could find on the web is enough to know that he is deep into christianese ocult.

"JoAnn McFatter is currently traveling internationally as a worship leader, partnering with WhiteDove Ministries. She excels in tapping into revelatory worship, giving corporate access to heavenly realms."
http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpr...oann-mcfatter/

White Dove Ministries is run by Paul Keith Davis who is partners with Bob Jones.

"When it comes to music...right now my favorite CD is Jane Siberry, "When I Was a Boy" "
~Joann McFatter (from her myspace site)

More on Jane Siberry (JS):

"When the hot "issue" of artist gender orientation is brought up, Siberry bristles just the slightest bit:

JS: It's boring. It's a distraction from the music. I don't want to know everyone else's sexual preferences! I don't think it's anyone's business if someone comes out of the closet or not. And you have to wade through all the [media] hoopla. [Playfully] Maybe I am a dyke! [Beat] Now I'm going into the closet.

The first thing you honor is your job. When I hear people who make political songs, and I know they're very musical people--to me, they're perhaps getting less millage from their gift. I think it can be less than an honoring of something really sacred--you have to try hard to keep it timeless, and classical.

Q: But just the title When I Was a Boy evokes gender play. And then on the CD fold, you're all, for lack of a better phrase, "babed-up". [Siberry, dressed in spare body armor, smirks provocatively from Boy's jewel box.]

JS: [Laughs] That was the point! But I have a perverse nature.

Q: Perverse for the sheer sake of being perverse?

JS: Sure. Yes. If only to balance things. [Smiles.]"
http://www.furious.com/perfect/janesiberry.html

Joann McFatter needs help. She is leading naive sheeple down the warm fuzzy path of spiritual destruction.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Last edited by tapestry; 06-20-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 PM

Stephanie
From what I know of the dubious characters in question here, a wide berth regarding their teaching is a sensible approach, thats the easy part, the way difficult part is trying to convince your friend/s that what they are immersing themselves in constitutes false teaching.My personal experience with this is that most people will not easily let go of these things, and it will surely test your frienship.
Denial is the most likely response you will get, after all most people in this situation have already invested possibly reasonable amounts of money in subscriptions and resources that they aren't going to let go of easily.
Trying to reason with them is the obvious first step, but I would be praying that the Holy Spirit reveals truth to them, there are also some very good discernment websites out there that deal with every known false teaching/ false teachers and suggesting this as a third party solution may also be a good approach.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:11 PM

Stephanie
I meant to add this to my previous post .This link from Ian Claytons website should have believers throwing up red flags, what he is refering to here is dangerous.

http://www.ianclayton.org/links/links.html

The vid on Ian Clayton talking about transrelocation.

Last edited by ray; 06-18-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Added explanation