The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Politics

Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 AM

Default Did The President Overstep His Constitutional Authority?

This should be the BIGGEST HEADLINES WORLD WIDE...yet so little is being said about it. Did the President have the power to bypass congress? For "whatever" reasons?

Snippet:The question has been posed over and over again, as to whether President Obama overstepped his constitutional authority in committing the United States resources to Operation Odyssey Dawn (where did that name come from).

The President stated in his speech that he had consulted with his National Security team, and with the United Nations, and that he had met with a bipartisan group of Congressmen and Senators. But did he need the “consent” of Congress?

Full article here: (please read): http://james4america.wordpress.com/2...ya-operations/

My comments, my question are: Do we worry now? If the President did overstepped his boundaries....who's next? "We the people"? And, if all was needed was a "UN resolution, what is the purpose then of the CONSTITUTION? So if and when (emphasis added on when) the President wants to declare "martial law" he only needs the approval of the UN? No CONSTITUTION approval needed? THIS IS BIG!!

yet, we're so silent.......
Old 03-23-2011, 09:48 AM

Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 24: 6-9, "And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake."

I believe that we are just before verse 9 where Jesus spoke, "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake." Be close to the Lord. We need Him more than anything.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Yes he did, just like Bush. And the people are not even bothered.
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Yes he did, just like Bush. And the people are not even bothered.

Wow....so sad. This is huge! The "silence" is deafening! The people are truly ripe for "change" but, at what cost? They don't see it! Wow....!!

More info here:http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...mash_says.html

So after the CONSTITUTION is null and void, what then? It's anybody's game huh? When did become "We the Sheeple"? When?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Mod-er-rator

No, he did not....... Okay, before you respond...

He did not overstep his constitutional authority because he HAS NONE.

In my humble opinion, he is not a lawful, constitutionally elected occupant of the legislative branch of government. He is neither qualified nor did he meet the criteria to be on the elections ballot, since it has never been proven that he is a u.s. born citizen. A lawful citizen would gladly provide the certified original birth certificate documentation.

His preponderance of presidential orders since the inception of his dictatorial reign as well as the treatises and laws he has signed are neither lawful nor legitimate.

This is just one more in a serious of fraudulent activities that this impostor engages in while masquerading as a president.
Matt 5: 6 - 8 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God."
Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisDoulas View Post
No, he did not....... Okay, before you respond...

He did not overstep his constitutional authority because he HAS NONE.

In my humble opinion, he is not a lawful, constitutionally elected occupant of the legislative branch of government. He is neither qualified nor did he meet the criteria to be on the elections ballot, since it has never been proven that he is a u.s. born citizen. A lawful citizen would gladly provide the certified original birth certificate documentation.

His preponderance of presidential orders since the inception of his dictatorial reign as well as the treatises and laws he has signed are neither lawful nor legitimate.

This is just one more in a serious of fraudulent activities that this impostor engages in while masquerading as a president.
I'm glad I waited before I responded.....lol!! (Bit my tongue actually). I hear you LOUD & CLEAR!! As if, the "people" votes really counted (of which I didn't cast by the way)....

Anybody's game.....wonder what's coming down the pike NEXT?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towhomitmayconcern.... View Post
This should be the BIGGEST HEADLINES WORLD WIDE...yet so little is being said about it. Did the President have the power to bypass congress? For "whatever" reasons?

Snippet:The question has been posed over and over again, as to whether President Obama overstepped his constitutional authority in committing the United States resources to Operation Odyssey Dawn (where did that name come from).

The President stated in his speech that he had consulted with his National Security team, and with the United Nations, and that he had met with a bipartisan group of Congressmen and Senators. But did he need the “consent” of Congress?

Full article here: (please read): http://james4america.wordpress.com/2...ya-operations/

My comments, my question are: Do we worry now? If the President did overstepped his boundaries....who's next? "We the people"? And, if all was needed was a "UN resolution, what is the purpose then of the CONSTITUTION? So if and when (emphasis added on when) the President wants to declare "martial law" he only needs the approval of the UN? No CONSTITUTION approval needed? THIS IS BIG!!

yet, we're so silent.......
Bush did have congressional approval but he didn't have United Nations approval.

True, Bush kind of browbeat congress and the media did too, saying how unAmerican and unPatriotic it would be not to show support. Even John Kerry voted for it, right after he voted against it. It was really weird.

As to Libya: (I posted this in Current but not sure anybody had interest.)

Dennis Kucinich (Ohio) and other liberal House Dems strongly raised objections to the constitutionality of the president’s actions. Kucinich is asking why the missile strikes aren't impeachable offenses.

He seeks vote on funding ban on Libya action. Wall Street Journal http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...22-715468.html

Obama said this in 2007 as a candidate for President but he's doing exactly what he decried:

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation........"

Kucinich interviewed on tv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJWsbAcG_I

Here's Biden in 2007 on going to war without congressional say so and really showing muscle about it THEN when it wasn't his running partner doing it.

"I want to make it clear! And I made it clear to the President if he takes this nation to war with Iran without Congressional approval.
I will make it my business to impeach him….... Iran is no immediate threat to the United States of America"
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/20...t-impeachment/

I agree with you that it is amazing how little is being said about this! In forums when Bush was President his going to war resulted in an ANTI "W" FRENZY, non-stop, for years.

But libs have a spin on this that Obama is helping the Libyan citizens like Clinton did in Bosnia and libs are saying fundamentalists should be glad because Muslims are getting killed and fundies love to see that. UGH!!!!!!!! The uglyness never stops until Jesus comes.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
No, he did not.......

For a millisecond (or is that milliseivert?) I thought you had gone off the deep end...Way to get my attention!
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Mod-er-rator

testing..... oh, the teacher was paying attention.....
Matt 5: 6 - 8 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God."
Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
[b][size="3"]He did not overstep his constitutional authority because he HAS NONE.

...he is not a lawful, constitutionally elected occupant of the legislative branch of government. He... ...did he meet the criteria to be on the elections ballot, since it has never been proven that he is a u.s. born citizen.

Actually, he was legitimately a constitutionally elected member of the Senate as there is no requirement there for being an U.S. born citizen.

However, Obama does not meet the constitutional requirements to be the president of the United States and comanter-in-chief of our armed forces which is his role as the head of the executive branch of the U.S. government.

But I fully agree that Obama is an imposter. Many people declare that he is incompetent. I think not! I believe this man knows exactly what he is doing - everything he can to destroy the constitution of the United States. Remember... This man is a constitutional expert, having studied and taught his twisted version of the constitution while he was a law professor at Harvard, Yale, Princeton or where ever it presumably was.

Yes, Obama has overstepped his authority as president (presuming he is ligititmate) because he did not submit the act to the approval of congress before he actually declared war on Libya.

This man is not an American citizen, if for no other reason than he bows before kings and emperors of other nations. No American leader would bow before the ruler of another nation unless he was weak, a traitor, or fully intending to submit this nations sovereignty to that ruler/s to which he bows before!
"Those whom the Lord loves He reproves, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights." - Proverbs 3:12, New American Standard - Updated Edition
Quote:
"The prudent sees evil and hides himself, but the naive go on, and are punished for it." - Proverbs 22:3, New American Standard - Updated Edition

Last edited by microcarl; 03-23-2011 at 03:44 PM.