The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Current Events

Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 AM

Default Will There Be A NY Government Shutdown Today?

Whether or not this happens, just remember how close NY is to having their very first government shutdown.

Here is the very latest:

A shutdown of state government in New York is looking increasingly likely.

New York lawmakers in Albany continue to work in an effort to pass a balanced budget in order to avoid a shutdown of state government.

A shutdown on the state level could include the suspension of lottery games and other nonessential services, plus the closure of parks, campgrounds, courts and unemployment offices.

Social service payments including welfare and food stamps would also be frozen.

The shutdown would even freeze paychecks for 153,000 state employees who are scheduled to be paid on June 23.

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...tdown_7438.php

If this happens today, this could get very ugly. Imagine if you are dependent on your paycheck or food stamps. And the courts were closed. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Even if they pass an emergency bill today, NY is having serious problems.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda180 View Post
Whether or not this happens, just remember how close NY is to having their very first government shutdown.

Here is the very latest:

A shutdown of state government in New York is looking increasingly likely.

New York lawmakers in Albany continue to work in an effort to pass a balanced budget in order to avoid a shutdown of state government.

A shutdown on the state level could include the suspension of lottery games and other nonessential services, plus the closure of parks, campgrounds, courts and unemployment offices.

The shutdown would even freeze paychecks for 153,000 state employees who are scheduled to be paid on June 23.

http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...tdown_7438.php

If this happens today, this could get very ugly. Imagine if you are dependent on your paycheck or food stamps. And the courts were closed. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Even if they pass an emergency bill today, NY is having serious problems.
Amanda,
Thank you for posting this. It will be a final blow to the ones living in the lower end of society, the ones just barely making a living....starvation??.Could you imagine the government closing the city so that noone was to lieve or enter?? (offcource the rich and famous would get out) anarcy in a Big city. It would consume itself!! I´m thinking too much here, i know but we will se things like that sooner or later.....everywhere on the globe.

Quote:
nonessential services, plus the closure of parks, campgrounds, courts and unemployment offices.
The elite think they are in control and it seems like that to people but it only Seems like it, because when God tell them to Jump, They jump!!

Jesus bless you Amanda, (could you keep an update on this?)
anja
Old 06-14-2010, 04:52 AM

I havent been here in awhile, due to my busy schedule lately, but I also havenmt been keeping up with current events. So, I'm lurking in here this morning, found this and I must ask...

Why would New York's government shut down? Is something happening?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorScott View Post
I havent been here in awhile, due to my busy schedule lately, but I also havenmt been keeping up with current events. So, I'm lurking in here this morning, found this and I must ask...

Why would New York's government shut down? Is something happening?
Nice to meet you PastorScott

This is from the news link Amanda atteched and it must be the answer to why:
"New York lawmakers in Albany continue to work in an effort to pass a balanced budget in order to avoid a shutdown of state government."
anja