The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Biblical Matters

Old 08-15-2010, 01:23 PM

Default Did Jesus come back already!?! Double Fulfilment Meaning? Please Help!!

Okay, I am going to be very honest. I have been studying the bible for most of this year with intrique. However, earlier this year I ran into verses that Jesus said some standing here would not taste death and that those physically there would see Jesus coming back. I went into panic mode and spent every free moment I could trying to explain these verses, which lasted for over a month or months. I did not tell anyone for fear of causing someone to stumble or perhaps there was no answer. When I was a New Christian 4 years ago, I would quickly write people as heretics and deceivers.

As I have come along and actually read the whole bible for my self I can see how people come up with their theories. No body has all the answers. I have learned to not get carried away in legalism as I once did. All hate and legalism but with no love, that is who I was deep inside. I am somewhat set free from confusion. However, what I have come to see from the verses in this video is that Jesus was talking about, "THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST!." It gives more validation to that is what Jesus was talking about!!

Anyways, in the book of Revelations Jesus would say, I am at the door, Behold I come quickly! I am not saying I believe in Preterism. I am still hoping for an actual return of Jesus.

Please watch the video: "WARNING THIS VIDEO WAS MADE BY A NATIVE AMERICAN MAN WHO WAS A CHRISTIAN FOR 40 YEARS AND IS NO LONGER A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE HE MISUNDERSTOOD SOME VERSES."

Last edited by wilderness2010; 08-15-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:51 PM

When the Bible says "That this generation will not pass away." The Bible is talking of the last generation at the end of the world. Not the gereration of the people who where listening at that time. Jesus was talking of the end of the world.

As for the ones standing there who not taste death. John did not see death until after he recorded all of Revelations. He saw all of the things in Revelations. Even the return of Christ.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Senior Member - Formerly known as Fran

Hi Wilderness2010,

I understand your questions because I am currently investigating different 'eschatologial' angles, so that I can understand different POV......

Preterism should not be a threatening term for the devout Truth seeker, making sure teachings align within the context of the Bible,,,,,,solid on the doctrine of Christ and NOT solely on the teachings of men.

I have not made up my mind, but the dispensational POV is starting to look less appealing to me.

I am currently reading "Last Days Madness" by Gary DeMar (a partial Preterist) who still believes in a future coming of Christ, but most prophesies have been fulfilled, according to literal biblical statements, as most Preterists claim........

The following website is interesting, but you may want to mute volume, because some music starts playing..........the information is well laid out in accordance with scripture,,,,,,,,but like I said, 'the jury's still out for me!'

http://www.literalpreterist.com/

Peace,

Fran
Old 08-15-2010, 02:49 PM

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come I Cor 10:11

There is a dual timeline. What happened to Physical Israel leading up to and including the time of Christ will repeat. The Ollivette Discourse in Mat 24 and Luke 21 has dual fulfilments.

Example the Temple that was destroyed in 70 AD physically will be destroyed again spiritually, The Temple is the Church.

These patterns are clear. Israel, The Woman, The church all define the same thing.

There are 2 groups Israel and the Remnant of Israel, The Harlot and the woman in the wilderness. The true church and the apostate church.

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved Romans 9:27

The biggest problem is the harlot side of the church will miss Jesus again just like the first time. The coming of the son of man isthe whole period of the tribulation. Jesus will inhabit the Manchild, the multitude. The Religious (the serpents and scorpions) in the church will miss it. We are waiting like a woman in travail for the birth of the manchild right now.

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Luke 17:20

And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation. Luke 19:44
Old 08-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
When the Bible says "That this generation will not pass away." The Bible is talking of the last generation at the end of the world. Not the gereration of the people who where listening at that time. Jesus was talking of the end of the world.

As for the ones standing there who not taste death. John did not see death until after he recorded all of Revelations. He saw all of the things in Revelations. Even the return of Christ.
Excellent explanation Serna!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:59 PM

Hi Wilderness,

Where does one start. This man has played the part of the fool. He had a question arise and INSTEAD OF ASKING GOD ABOUT THE QUESTION, HE FOCUSED ON THE QUESTION AND ALLOWED SATAN TO LEAD HIM AWAY IN DOUBT TO DEATH.

I have had questions that attacked my faith. When I would come to that place in the scriptures, Satan would say, It is all a fairy tale. But instead of listening to His lie, I focused on a past miracle when The Lord Jesus touched me and proved to me that He was real.

With this renewed faith, i asked God to help me with this question. God has always answered every question that I have asked like this. Now when I come to those place in the scriptures, my faith is built up and not tore down.

THIS MAN ALSO MAKES THE MISTAKE THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS THE SAME AS THE SECOND COMING.

THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

The Kingdom of God has already come long ago.

Quote:
Matthew 12:28
But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
DID JESUS DRIVE OUT DEMONS BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD - YES HE DID - THEN THE KINGDOM OF GOD CAME LONG AGO WHEN HE DID SUCH.

Quote:
Matthew 21:32
Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

This is NOT future tense. Jesus did NOT SAY will enter. It is present tense, meaning that the tax collectors were entering the Kingdom of God as Jesus spoke. The Kingdom of God came long ago. But Jesus is yet to come again.

Quote:
Matthew 21:43
"Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.
Here we can see that The Kingdom of God already existed 2000 years ago and Jesus is telling some that it will be taken away from them.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT THE RETURN OF CHRIST

Jesus warned us about men like this, that said that he had already came. Jesus has told us that the whole world would know of His return when he did come. Jesus is yet to return.

Grace to you - Lou Newton
Old 08-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lounewton View Post
Hi Wilderness,

Where does one start. This man has played the part of the fool. He had a question arise and INSTEAD OF ASKING GOD ABOUT THE QUESTION, HE FOCUSED ON THE QUESTION AND ALLOWED SATAN TO LEAD HIM AWAY IN DOUBT TO DEATH.

I have had questions that attacked my faith. When I would come to that place in the scriptures, Satan would say, It is all a fairy tale. But instead of listening to His lie, I focused on a past miracle when The Lord Jesus touched me and proved to me that He was real.

With this renewed faith, i asked God to help me with this question. God has always answered every question that I have asked like this. Now when I come to those place in the scriptures, my faith is built up and not tore down.

THIS MAN ALSO MAKES THE MISTAKE THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS THE SAME AS THE SECOND COMING.

THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

The Kingdom of God has already come long ago.

DID JESUS DRIVE OUT DEMONS BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD - YES HE DID - THEN THE KINGDOM OF GOD CAME LONG AGO WHEN HE DID SUCH.

[/b]

This is NOT future tense. Jesus did NOT SAY will enter. It is present tense, meaning that the tax collectors were entering the Kingdom of God as Jesus spoke. The Kingdom of God came long ago. But Jesus is yet to come again.

Here we can see that The Kingdom of God already existed 2000 years ago and Jesus is telling some that it will be taken away from them.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT THE RETURN OF CHRIST

Jesus warned us about men like this, that said that he had already came. Jesus has told us that the whole world would know of His return when he did come. Jesus is yet to return.

Grace to you - Lou Newton
Amen.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:24 PM

Wilderness2010,

I havn't heard your video yet, but here is a scripture passage that may help:

Mt 24:25-26
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold he is in the desert; go not forth; behold, he is in the secret chambers, believe it not.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so also shall the coming of the Son of man be.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:33 PM

Lou wrote:
"THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT THE RETURN OF CHRIST."

Amen.

The Kingdom of God did come with power in the generation who heard Jesus' words.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:38 PM

Did Jesus say the Kingdom of God does not come with observation, who and what was He talk to?

The Kingdom of God is within you...present tense!

vickie

HE DIED FOR YOU, WHY NOT LIVE FOR HIM 1 JOHN 3.16