The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Biblical Matters

Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 AM

Default Women in Pastoral positions.

Is any one here familiar with Dr. Pat Holliday? I was listening to her on Omega man radio during a deliverance ministry they have on air. She seems so right on about everything she talks about. What I am wondering is it seems the Bible is pretty clear about women not being pastors. She is a pastor of a church in Florida. Does that mean everything she is doing should be thrown out? I guess I am asking because I am confused about my own situation. If there is not a Godly man to be found, are we as women suppose to just sit back and let things fall apart? Is she wrong for what she is doing by being a leader in a church? She does so much on exposing wickedness in the new age movement and many other evil organizations. She does so much prayer and deliverance for people and she give Jesus Christ all the glory. In this day and age with such a lack of Godly men what are women to do scripturally?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Senior Member--formerly known as Selah

its my understanding that the bible teaches that older women are to be a godly example to younger women, teach them, teach children (as Timothy's mother taught him), and they are not to usurp authority over a man.. therefore, I do not believe that women should be pastor in a church.

There are still plenty of Godly men around.. Sermon Audio has many wonderful sermons.

just my thoughts.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selah View Post
its my understanding that the bible teaches that older women are to be a godly example to younger women, teach them, teach children (as Timothy's mother taught him), and they are not to usurp authority over a man.. therefore, I do not believe that women should be pastor in a church.

There are still plenty of Godly men around.. Sermon Audio has many wonderful sermons.

just my thoughts.
Thank you for your input on this. I think that you are right. I guess I just have a hard time seeing how someone who seems so dedicated to Jesus Christ and so knowledgeable of scripture would be so out of line with the word. Also, I did not mean to imply that there are know Godly men left, I just meant I personally don't know one in my life. I know of plenty out there on the net. I thank God for them every day including Nathan.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:32 AM

Dr. Walter Martin's view (in agreement with the Apostle Paul) was that women can hold most positions in the church except that of "teaching elder", responsible for the dissemination of doctrine, but she must be in submission to the headship of the pastor or board of elders.

Michael

"In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things charity." Rupertus Meldenius

Last edited by m1key; 11-29-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I'll second what Vicki has said here ^^^

To me, it doesn't seem right or proper for a woman to pastor a church.
I third that.

There are many, many godly women, a number right here on this forum, giving wise counsil to others.

Loni
Old 11-29-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firenreign View Post
Is any one here familiar with Dr. Pat Holliday? I was listening to her on Omega man radio during a deliverance ministry they have on air. She seems so right on about everything she talks about. What I am wondering is it seems the Bible is pretty clear about women not being pastors. She is a pastor of a church in Florida. Does that mean everything she is doing should be thrown out? I guess I am asking because I am confused about my own situation. If there is not a Godly man to be found, are we as women suppose to just sit back and let things fall apart? Is she wrong for what she is doing by being a leader in a church? She does so much on exposing wickedness in the new age movement and many other evil organizations. She does so much prayer and deliverance for people and she give Jesus Christ all the glory. In this day and age with such a lack of Godly men what are women to do scripturally?
Hi, I am glad you asked this question.

Anyone that teaches to obey Christ with their mouth, but at the same time is setting a example of disobedience to the commands of The Lord Jesus is not a good teacher.

A woman pastor may tell everyone to obey Christ with her lips, but is telling everyone by example that they can disobey Christ whenever they please. The example of their life speaks much louder than their words.

The command given by the Holy Spirit through Paul goes way back to the garden:

1 Cor 14
Quote:
34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
NO WOMAN SHOULD EVER TRY TO TEACH ANY MAN

The foundation of this command is this command to woman:

Eph 5
Quote:
22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
THE WIFE SHOULD SUBMIT TO HER HUSBAND AS SHE WOULD CHRIST

Now if a woman submits to her husband, as she would submit to Christ, and he would SUBMIT, IN ANY WAY TO ANOTHER WOMAN, IT WOULD BE A GREAT INSULT TO HIS WIFE.

The wife is to be the favored woman above all other woman. But how could a husband have his wife submit to him, and then submit himself to another woman. THAT WOULD BE SPIRITUAL ADULTERY.

The man would be putting that woman pastor above his own wife.

IF A MAN SHOULD SUBMIT TO ANY WOMAN - IT WOULD BE HIS WIFE

But the scripture plainly tells all woman to submit to their husband as they would submit to Christ.

It would be as your children would be born from your own body and then you feed, cloth, protect them and give them a home; only to have them decide to obey another set of parents instead of you.

The scriptures DO NOT tell us to honor the parents of others, BUT they tell us to honor OUR parents.

For any man to submit to any other woman in any way, is to DISHONOR his own wife.

WHAT GOOD IT FOR THIS WOMAN TO TELL OTHERS TO OBEY CHRIST, WHEN SHE HERSELF IS HAVING OTHER MEN COMMIT SPIRITUAL ADULTERY WITH HER AND DISHONOR THEIR OWN MARRIAGE

There is a law of God that goes back way before the NT. God spoke this to the woman in the garden:

Quote:
16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.
ANYTIME ANY WOMAN TRIES TO RULE OVER ANY MAN - SHE IS CALLING GOD A LIAR

Women are not less than men. But this is what God spoke in the garden.

The serpent said to Eve, Did God really say, and You will not surely die.

This woman pastor is saying DID GOD REALLY SAY HE WILL RULE OVER YOU.

She is also saying Men will NOT rule over woman. She is calling God a liar.

This message is loudly proclaimed every time she steps to the pulpit or every time she speaks to teach men.

SHE IS LOUDLY CALLING GOD A LIAR

She also shows her ignorance of the scriptures.

She also shows that she is NOT called of God to that ministry.

ARE CHILDREN LESS THAN ADULTS

Of course not. Some children come from parents who were lost, and the children became servants of God.

Children are not told to honor and obey their parents because their parents are greater. But children are told to obey their parents to honor their FATHER in heaven. If we can not honor the father that we can see, how can we honor the Father that we can not see.

Men are not greater than woman, but we are both called by God to be men or women by Him.

Every woman is to honor men, as she would honor Christ. For the man is the shadow of Christ.

Every man is to honor woman as Christ would lay down His life for the church, for the woman is the shadow of the body of Christ.

I have had many woman, right here on WC, speak to me as I was their child.

That is dishonoring Christ Himself when they do so.

I am surely not Christ, but The Lord Jesus has chosen men to be a shadow of Him.

Mere men and women reached out to touch the actual shadow of Jesus and were healed. They were blessed for honoring His very shadow.

WHY IS THE CHURCH OF THIS NATION SO IMPOTENT

One reason is the great sin of men acting as woman, and woman acting as men. Men dishonoring woman and woman dishonoring men.

Grace to you - Lou Newton
Old 11-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Well said Lou. Thank you.
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 AM

Wow........ Lou, another "keeper." I have saved so many of your posts and this is really one of the best. Thank you so much. (I know, I know, it's the Holy Spirit, but He used you.)

Loni
Old 11-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Senior Member--Formerly known as Sahran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Well said Lou. Thank you.
Ditto.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM

Good post dad