The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM

Default Was Mary's human egg used by the Holy Spirit in the birth of Jesus?

I was driving last night and was shocked by a comment that Jimmy Swaggart made on the radio. He said that when the Holy Spirit conceived Jesus in Mary's womb, God did not use her human egg. He stated that she was simply a vessel, or "house" for the Saviour to grow in until the baby Jesus was born.

Does anyone besides me see a problem with Swaggart's comment?

Swaggart did affirm a few minutes later that Jesus Christ is fully God. He went on to say that Jesus Christ is God in human flesh. I was glad to hear him say that. Indeed, Jesus Christ is fully God and he is also The Son of Man. If not, how could he qualify as our kinsman redeemer?

If anyone is able to link the broadcast I am speaking of that would be appreciated. It aired on Jan 20, 2011 on Son Life Radio.

I would be curious to know what other believers have to say on this...

Last edited by 1611; 01-21-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:20 PM

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his descendant were the promises made. He says not, And to descendants, as of many; but as of one, And to your descendant, who is Christ.

Last edited by Ian Vincent; 01-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:59 PM

Jesus on occasion called Himself "Son of Man".
If He did not have Adam's DNA then He could only call Himself "Son of God" and not "Son of Man".

God does not go back on His Word, even to lucifer. If Jesus did not have Adam's DNA then He could not be the perfect sacrifice. It was required that a perfect man with no sin be sacrificed in place of sinful man for man to be redeemed. This was only possible for God to fulfil. He fulfilled redemtion in a frail jar of clay like you and me yet He is fully God.

Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory; but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."
1 Corinthians 2:6-9 (emphasis mine)

But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.
Hebrews 2:9

If Jesus' incarnate body was not from Mary's egg then Jesus would not have been a little lower than the angels for a little while. He would have still been fully God and still higher than the angels and never lower than them even for a moment.

Last edited by bixbite; 01-21-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: changed a sentence for clarity
Old 01-21-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Vincent View Post
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his descendant were the promises made. He says not, And to descendants, as of many; but as of one, And to your descendant, who is Christ.
AMEN and AMEN IAN

Jesus had to be the flesh of human to be qualified to die for us. God was not our closest relative, for another man would be closer. God had to become man to save us.

Jesus also had to be the One and Only God Almighty to save us. For there is One and Only One who is RIGHTEOUS.

What Swaggart is preaching here is from the antichrist. I am not saying he is the AC of course, but this is AC preaching. It is against Christ.

Quote:
I John 4

On Denying the Incarnation
1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
To say that Jesus is not from the egg of Mary is a fancy way of saying that Jesus did NOT come in human flesh.

This is the same error of the Pharisees. They could not believe that their God would stoop so low as to become flesh.

Flesh has body odor and gets rid of waste that is not desirable.

People have been trying to tidy up that terrible fact for centuries. They do not want to admit that their God would become flesh.

WHAT DID GOD SAY AFTER HE CREATED THE SPIRIT FOR MAN AND BREATHED THAT SAME SPIRIT INTO ADAM.

God says He rested. He rested from creating. God would not create again until the 8th day when He returns. God had to use the egg of Mary for MANY reasons.

Satan had caused woman to bring about the fall of man. Now God would use a woman to bring about the redemption of man.

OTHERWISE SATAN WOULD WIN

Grace to you - Lou Newton
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Satan had caused woman to bring about the fall of man. Now God would use a woman to bring about the redemption of man.

"Lord, to whom would I go? You have the words of eternal life. I have come to believe & know that you are Messiah, Son of God!"

http://watchingandpraying.com/
Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
He went on to say that Jesus Christ is God in human flesh
So, the issue here concerning Swaggart is NOT that he doesn't believe Jesus became a man, but rather he believes that He was a hybrid man : a man who had no mother : that God put a man into Mary's womb, and that man was not her son.

It's still a deadly serious error, but it's not as bad a saying that Jesus was not a Man.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 PM

It can be a touchy subject for some because of the sinful flesh of man.
And Jesus was born without sin for no sin was ever in him. It's hard for some to except the birth of Jesus in the bloodline of sinful man. But how else could Jesus be our redeemer. He over came sin so we can obtain eternal life through his shed blood and we become a new creature in Christ Jesus our Redeemer. Amen
I would not call people AC because they differ on this. As long as they acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the son of God and he suffered and died on the cross for our sins and his shed blood cleanses us from all unrighteous. With their hearts set perfect toward him and Gods word I believed they are Redeemed.

Last edited by arrowcreek; 01-21-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 PM

In the book of Ruth we read about a kinsman redeemer. Jesus is of the lineage of Boaz, Ruth's kinsman redeemer. In our day, if a person owns land and fails to pay the property taxes, it can be sold to pay for the debt. One can pay the redeemption price to pay off the debt, and make it available for the owner to have it again or the person paying the debt is now the new land owner. The old testament reflects land, the new testament reflects the spiritual reflection of land in our spiritual reflection to our sin nature and Christ' redeemptive work on the cross.

Only two men came into life without the literal seed of man. Adam and Jesus. Adam fell and from his seed we inherit the sin nature. Adam passed on as an inheritance to all mankind a fallen nature. Jesus inherited His heavenly Father 's nature. Without sin. Jesus still had to choose as Adam had a choice. But Jesus was indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Adam had a relationship with God, but Jesus was the very representation of God in the flesh. When we become born again, we inherit the same nature Jesus' inherited at conception in the womb of Mary. Born with Mary's human seed. The woman represents the weakness of humaness, bound under the law. Jesus had to be born under the law in order to fulfill the law. Being under the law, and fulfilling it, He was able to be our kinsman redeemer, paying the redeemptive price. Without Jesus being born as man from a woman, but born of God, that is to say not inheriting Adam's nature, But God's nature, there is not hope. Jesus' conception did not have man's seed, a miracle as the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary. A mystery, and yet, God breathed in to red clay, That is Adam, and man did exist. This is also why the Bible refers to the first Adam and Last Adam. Only two men came into being without the literal seed of man.

Last edited by diamondeyes; 01-21-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:53 PM

It seems that sin is inherited through the fathers, bcos the husband is the spiritual head of the wife, of the marriage. Therefore, our LORD Jesus did not inherit a sin nature, even though He was biologically Mary's child.

Tempted to sin, but no sin in Him.

Adam was also like that before the fall. He had no sin nature, and yet he was tempted to sin.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM

Diamondeyes wrote:
"Jesus' conception did not have man's seed, a miracle as the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary."

Do you mean this to say Jesus did not grow from one of May's eggs?
Just trying to understand your post. I do believe Jesus grew from one of Mary's eggs.