The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Biblical Matters

Old 02-10-2011, 06:38 PM

Default The Angel that Visited Daniel fought his way into Babylon? (Bible Question)

When that angel came to give Daniel a message, he got held up for 21 days by some "prince of persia"

What do you think this was? Some Islamic demon or something?

I was really thinking about it today for some reason...

Then when the angel left, he said he'd have to fight his way out, and then probably have to fight the grecian prince or something?

Does anyone have the verses so we can look at it together?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 PM

Daniel chapter 10 verse 13 and verse 20

13: But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

20: The said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come.

Persia is Iran....

When I googled Persia ancient religions... an interesting site page came up. Off to read the rest of it as I just read the first couple paragraphs as I wanted to post the verses for you.
http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpr...nce-of-persia/
Old 02-10-2011, 10:27 PM

(Jos 5:13) And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

(Jos 5:14) And he said, Nay; but as prince of the host of Jehovah am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?

(Jos 5:15) And the prince of Jehovah's host said unto Joshua, Put off thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

(Dan 8:9) And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the glorious land.

(Dan 8:10) And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and some of the host and of the stars it cast down to the ground, and trampled upon them.

(Dan 8:11) Yea, it magnified itself, even to the prince of the host; and it took away from him the continual burnt-offering, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

(Dan 10:13) But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me: and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

(Dan 10:20) Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I am come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I go forth, lo, the prince of Greece shall come.

(Dan 10:21) But I will tell thee that which is inscribed in the writing of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me against these, but Michael your prince.

(Dan 12:1) And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince who standeth for the children of thy people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

[i](Mat 9:32) And as they went forth, behold, there was brought to him a dumb man possessed with a demon.

(Mat 9:33) And when the demon was cast out, the dumb man spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.

(Mat 9:34) But the Pharisees said, By the prince of the demons casteth he out demons.

[i]
(Mat 12:22) Then was brought unto him one possessed with a demon, blind and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the dumb man spake and saw.

(Mat 12:23) And all the multitudes were amazed, and said, Can this be the son of David?

(Mat 12:24) But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This man doth not cast out demons, but by Beelzebub the prince of the demons.

(Rom 8:38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

(Rom 8:39) nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Eph 3:8) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, was this grace given, to preach unto the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

(Eph 3:9) and to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery which for ages hath been hid in God who created all things;

(Eph 3:10) to the intent that now unto the principalities and the powers in the heavenly places might be made known through the church the manifold wisdom of God,

(Eph 3:11) according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

(Eph 3:12) in whom we have boldness and access in confidence through our faith in him.

(Eph 6:12) For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

(Col 1:15) who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

(Col 1:16) for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;

(Col 1:17) and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.

(Col 2:13) And you, being dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, you, I say, did he make alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses;

(Col 2:14) having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross;

(Col 2:15) having despoiled the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

(Col 2:16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day:

(Col 2:17) which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's.

(Col 2:18) Let no man rob you of your prize by a voluntary humility and worshipping of the angels, dwelling in the things which he hath seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

(Col 2:19) and not holding fast the Head, from whom all the body, being supplied and knit together through the joints and bands, increasing with the increase of God.

It would seem there are hierarchies amongst both holy angels and the fallen. I am of the understanding that beast kingdoms had/have demonic princes that wield influence and power in those kingdoms. Like Israel, who we are told Michael the prince stands up for, Greece and Persia (others) have powerful spiritual beings holding power over them.

Paul talked often about powers, principlities, and world-rulers of darkness. All these point to unseen kingdoms but who, the Lord allowing, hold sway over flesh and blood kingdoms, both past and present.

(Rev.17:7) And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou wonder? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and the ten horns. {8} The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the abyss, and to go into perdition. And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, [they] whose name hath not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast, how that he was, and is not, and shall come.

Hidden Manna For the End Times

Chapter 10 - Who Is the Antichrist Beast?
http://www.unleavenedbreadministries.org/?page=hm10

The fourth beast in Daniel 7 was Rome, which devoured all of the world-ruling beast kingdoms that were before it. It was defeated by Christ but later in that chapter in the end-time it devoured "the whole earth," meaning all lost mankind is within its body. This is a prophecy of its resurrection as the one world order Roman Empire in our day.

(Dan 7:23) Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all the kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

(Dan 7:24) And as for the ten horns, out of this kingdom shall ten kings arise: and another shall arise after them; and he shall be diverse from the former,and he shall put down three kings.

(Dan 7:25) And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High; and he shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and half a time.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Formerly known as Cato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
When that angel came to give Daniel a message, he got held up for 21 days by some "prince of persia"

What do you think this was? Some Islamic demon or something?

I was really thinking about it today for some reason...

Then when the angel left, he said he'd have to fight his way out, and then probably have to fight the grecian prince or something?

Does anyone have the verses so we can look at it together?
I have always been fascinated by that passage.
As far as analysis ...
I find it pretty cut & dry,
It is an example of spiritual warfare going on in the unseen world put in motion by Daniel's praying/fasting.

-Randy