The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > End Time Delusion, Cults, and Heresies

Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM

Default Linda Newkirk Prophecies

Has anyone on this site heard of Linda Newkirk? I got her name from a link on Steve Quayle's site. It was in article on Before It's News about two prophets: TD Hale and Linda Newkirk. I've read Pastor Hale's prophecies before and heard him on Trunews with Rick Wiles.

http://beforeitsnews.com/blogging-ci...k-2445168.html

As for the Linda Newkirk prophecies, I read through those on my lunch break today and felt very upset for a while after. I wasn't sure exactly why, but I just felt...icky. Tonight I read through the prophecies again with my husband and was struck again by the pure anger coming from "God" in her messages. A few things stood out to me as being "off," but other things seemed to tie in with a lot of what the prophets are pretty much all talking about right now. The "off" things about her messages from "God" were 1) the messages say outright that Obama is the antichrist a few times (in that exact word) 2) the message seems to revere her as the messenger 3) the messages do some verbal acrobatics with the words "God" seems to call Himself that twangs wrong to me.

I did some research and found several sites that denounced her as a false prophet and even a few anecdotes of Christians getting involved with her personally and experiencing some very creepy situations.

As a believer and someone who is hungry for God's word, I think I just learned a lesson today about being so eager for spiritual food that I'll swallow food from any old spirit. Whatever the truth about Linda Newkirk, the lesson for me is the same: seek God's truth, pray for discernment, and listen for the Holy Spirit to guide me.

I'm interested to hear what others think on this matter.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

IMHO, I do not bear witness that this woman speaks for GOD!

GOD loves the Laodicean church. He wants her to come back.

In the book of Revelation 3:19 Jesus says to the lukewarm church:
"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

The words of the "prophecy" seem to be garnished with more hate than love!

Donna
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:34 AM

I am very glad for this thread. I came across the same thing last night and read more this morning. She seemed to speak as a prophet from God. I do NOT want to question God but I do want to know if a person claiming to have direct revelations from him is true or not. I also noticed among her postings a large section devoted to "A New Covenant". Kinda makes you scratch your noggin' and go "hmmmm . . . ".

The same question was asked in regards to Glynda Lomax in another thread on here. Steve Quayle posted a prayer request for her in his alerts. I dug a little (a do stress "little") and found some YouTube videos of Glenda. One thing that disturbed me on one of her videos is that she said you should not question one of God's servants, i.e. her, among others. I am not making an assertion that is cut and dried about her, but God says we should test the spirits. That one assertion of hers made me wary of her.

Above all, we walk in love. At the same time, in this day of rampant false prophets, we've got to be discerning.

Any word on whether or not some of you sages trust the teachings of Ms. Lomax?
Heb 11:13-16 These . . .confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 AM

Read her stuff years ago. Didn't sit well with me.

Some have accused her of being a false prophetess, even a witch. I would avoid her...

http://americanholocaustcoming.blogs...wkirk-and.html

M

Last edited by m1key; 01-29-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 AM

Didn't sit well with my spirit, so I ran (figuratively of course) , for the exit.

We're warned about those in the last days, who will come, saying they are from God. It is the believers responsibility to test the spirits, that we may not swallow spiritual poison.When someone like this says not to question them, that there is a red flag. It is unscriptural.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1key View Post

Some have accused her of being a false prophetess, even a witch. I would avoid her...

M
After reading this link I am confounded as to why "before it is news" would put up this woman's junk. Though now I see why they only put up her "prophecies" in part and not hole. She clearly teaches a new age philosophy mixed with elements of Christianity. YIKES. Stay away!
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Head Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1key View Post

M

I never heard of her until last night.

I wasn't impressed by anything I saw.

My preliminary recommendation is to avoid her like the plague.

Will say more when I can document reliable sources.

Blane
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM

From Linda Newkirk's website ( http://www.prophecies.org/ )

CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO
Part One
An Open Invitation to A Spectacular and Timely Heavenly Event!
OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN SPEAKS!
RECEIVE, BELIEVE, AND ASK!

Excerpts:

“My Blessed Child, I am your Father Yahweh, yea Jehovah, Most High God; and I come to you today to impart to you a message of My great love, of My great mercy and of My great grace!

My Little One, few know, or believe, that you, Linda Newkirk, the same Linda Newkirk of Mayflower, Arkansas (USA), are the Woman of Revelation Chapter Twelve! And, few know how you have labored, how you have travailed, how you have suffered, and how you have often wept beneath the weight of unspeakable persecution! And, all for the love of Me, for the love of My Son and for the love of humanity! …

My Child, I have told you that, as the Woman of Revelation Twelve, you are the spiritual mother of My Kingdom! What grows in you is My Kingdom Seed! It is also the seed of My Son, Jesus, who is Saviour of Humanity! All, who marry Him, will receive this seed! All, who come into My Kingdom, to work in My service, and to be a part of My Kingdom, the queens, the kings and all others, must receive this seed! None will be a part of My Kingdom, who do not have this seed!

My Little One, as I have told you, soon and oh so soon, I will take you and My “manchild,” my now-matured holy seed, back to My throne! And, what awaits you in heaven is most surely the second greatest celebration ever to take place in heaven, the first being when My Son returned after He was crucified! …

Oh, yes soon, and oh so soon, you will have paid your price, your great price indeed, to birth My Kingdom into the Earth! And, all subsequent marriages to My Son could only come about because you have paid the price! If you have not paid the price to birth My Kingdom into the Earth, I would have no Kingdom in the Earth! And, soon, oh so soon, I shall so greatly reward you! For, you will marry My Son first and all will soon know that you are the woman, who bears the crown with twelve stars, the true Queen of Heaven, indeed!
~Linda Newkirk
http://www.prophecies.org/DOCS/Book%2012/Chapter42.htm
Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Mod-er-rator

Thanks for posting that, bixbite, it pretty much says it all

Jeremiah 29: 11 - 13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 PM

Default Steve Quayle's response

I respect Steve Quayle a lot, so I e-mailed him today just to let him know about my experience with Ms. Newkirk's prophecy as well as the few things I found out about her online. He responded personally almost immediately and told me that he had taken down the link and that he appreciated me letting him know.

If anyone here feels anything amiss in Lomax's prophecies, I would encourage you to contact Steve about it. As believers, we need to help each other as much as we can. His site wields influence will a lot of people; if we can save even one from stumbling, it's up to us to try.