The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Current Events

Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 PM

Default Noah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRTlT3DEydU

Not so sure about this one...
Old 11-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Banned

I hear you. More often than not, Hollywood's doctrinally incorrect interpretation of the Scriptures leaves me cringing due to the fact that it may be the only "bible experience" some brother or sister is exposed to. If you do decide to view it, I'd be humbly grateful to hear your opinion. God bless you.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:23 AM

“It’s the end of the world and it’s the second most famous ship after the Titanic. So I’m not sure why any studio won’t want to make it,” said Aronofsky. “I think it’s really timely because it’s about environmental apocalypse which is the biggest theme, for me, right now for what’s going on on this planet. So I think it’s got these big, big themes that connect with us. Noah was the first environmentalist. He’s a really interesting character. Hopefully they’ll let me make it.”
http://www.slashfilm.com/darren-aronofskys-noah-2/

Films directed by Aronofsky:
Noah
Black Swan
The Fighter
The Wrestler
Lost (TV Series)
The Fountain
This Film is Not Yet Rated
Below
Requiem for A Dream
Pi (Not “Life of Pi”)

“I'm Godless. And so I've had to make my God, and my God is narrative filmmaking, which is -- ultimately what my God becomes, which is what my mantra becomes, is the theme.”
~Aronofsky, Darren and Making Of (Interviewer). "Reel Life, Real Stories." in: MakingOf.
http://www.egs.edu/faculty/darren-aronofsky/quotes/

Mr Aronofsky claims to be an atheist. He is not a good candidate to present a Biblical event.

His partner in the Noah film is Ari Handel. Ari is neural scientist who left science for filmmaking.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

At this point I am looking forward to seeing it. Of course they took some liberty with the telling of Noah because they made a two hour movie out of a small amount of information in the BIBLE.

But it is a movie, not a documentary.

I like that Noah does not look like a wimp.
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:14 PM

I agree Donna.

Aronofsky is a very talented director. One of his goals in a movie is to not bore his audience.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:22 AM

Will probably watch it , if i can. Seems indeed the opposite of boring ,
and I like it when a movie has technical qualities, such as convincing acting , camera lead , convincing lighting , setting, and atmopshere....

knowing quite well that everything won't be like it really was.
But anyway movies made by Christians are at times not more credible and biblical , such as the left Behind movies, with such idiocies as planes pilots or cars drivers vanishing into thin air :]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart , my best Thought, by day or by night ... Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise... Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight , Heart of my own heart, whatever befall, Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all
Old 11-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Banned

I for one am a huge movie buff, so I looked for a write up on this movie to get an idea of what its going to be about. I found this review and thought I would share it. http://godawa.com/movieblog/darren-a...ntalist-wacko/ I will still be watching the movie, knowing the biblical account trumps everything. God bless all.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:14 AM
Member formerly known as jnicole9591

I don't intend to watch it. They leave out the Bible, and they make Noah an environmentalist (a person who is concerned with or advocates the protection of the environment) instead of a preacher of righteousness.

Another interesting thing:

Quote:
A number of battle scenes are said to fill the film, which in some aspects are reminiscent of Gladiator. Six-armed angels, known as Watchers, are also introduced, “who came down from Heaven to help fallen humanity by granting them wonders of knowledge from magic to science to stars, metal, and fire.”
That's not mentioned in any of the books we read in the Bible, but in the book of Enoch. Also, help fallen humanity? Yea, no. While reading Noah, you don't find him fighting with Tubal-Cain, either. Noah spent those years while building the ark, trying to warn the people of the judgement coming while preaching repentance. He wasn't fighting against some army gathered together by Tubal-Cain. This movie isn't biblical, and honestly, it's offensive to me the way they portray his character and the events because most of it is just entertainment for the masses. I don't trust the movie, and coming from a director whose god is narrative filmmaking... who is professing he is godless... yet he made a biblical movie? It's sad, really. The times that we're living in, you've gotta watch out, because you're going to have distorted truth coming every which way. Then again, that's how the devil tricked Eve in the first place.

OH! Just checked out that review link posted above from Love the TRUTH, and this hugely caught my eye:

Quote:
The Watchers are angels who came down from heaven to help fallen humanity by granting them wonders of knowledge from magic to science to stars, metal, and fire. But when mankind turned that knowledge into weapons of war and tools of environmental devastation, God banished the Watchers to earth and turned his back on them. Now, they reside as 18-feet tall, six-armed grumpy angelic complainers who resent mankind.
WOW! That's a HUGE LIE! I knew something was really wrong with this film! I had read another review, but it wasn't as detailed. Oh my goodness! This is so misleading! Not to mention, check this out:

Quote:
Noah convinces the Watchers to help him and he receives a magic seed from Methuselah that blooms a magical forest in the desert.
Hmm, where's that in the Bible? In fact, it sounds eerily familiar to that of Jack and the Beanstalk. And then:

Quote:
Noah uses this timber to build his boat (Wait a second. Wouldn’t that make him an evil clear cutting lumberjack?). So the Watchers help him build the craft.
Gah, this is so distorted... oh my... I can't even. I'm sorry, maybe I'm being a little too dramatic here, maybe. But this is so unbelievably one BIG LIE FROM THE DEVIL that I just have to ask... why would any Christian watch this movie? This movie is aimed at making you sympathize with these beastly fallen angels! That's all it is! It's more Hollywood propaganda about these fallen angels... with a little bit of political propaganda thrown in for good measure.

Last edited by Jessica; 11-18-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Gah, this is so distorted... oh my... I can't even. I'm sorry, maybe I'm being a little too dramatic here, maybe. But this is so unbelievably one BIG LIE FROM THE DEVIL that I just have to ask... why would any Christian watch this movie? This movie is aimed at making you sympathize with these beastly fallen angels! That's all it is! It's more Hollywood propaganda about these fallen angels... with a little bit of political propaganda thrown in for good measure.
Well if we truly know Christ and read our bibles, this MOVIE is not going to change what we already know to be true. I myself wont be watching it to LEARN anything, only for the visuals of the building of the ark, the animals boarding and such. I do agree that this movie will mislead people to who Noah really was and the reason why God had to flood the earth. Oh ya, the part about the watchers that were banished to earth...lol. book of enoch for sure.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Noah the environmentalist saves animals from the evil poachers?

King OG is Noah's helper......

Quote:
In Noah, Og is one of the fallen angels or Watchers, who now, despite rebellion against God, decide to help Noah build the ark and protect it. In a scene in which a small army of men try to take siege of the ark, it is the fallen angels who fight to make sure that Noah and his family can enter safely. This same type of recasting villains of the Bible as being noble, protagonists was also done in the movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, a movie which portrayed the Nephilim rebels as the heroes and saviors of humanity, while ignoring God’s presence altogether.

http://beginningandend.com/russell-c...or-christians/
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.