The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 08-01-2009, 08:54 PM

Default Please help me to understand if Hedi Baker is True/False

I have been wondering if one of the only good things to come out of the Toronto Blessing "Revival" was the work that Heidi Baker and her husband have done in Mozambique, Africa.
The stories of revival there that I have heard have been amazing.

I was thinking to myself if perhaps God intended for the "anointing" at Toronto to be carried to the poor of the world where good fruit could be produced out of it, and not to the Laodicean Church of America where the "anointing" quickly became corrupted by greed, pride, and coveteousness.

Please help me with any feed-back, insight, knowledge,etc.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:10 PM

Heidi and Roland Baker have brought much physical relief to widows and orphans in Mozambique and other places in Africa. This is commendable.

Heidi dove head first in to the most extreme elements of America's false prophetic camps. I don't know how much time she has to spend in the orphanages. Her itinerary is mind boggling. She sees nothing wrong or "out of order" with elijahlist and the ministries promoted there. Heidi's ministry is also prominently promoted on elijahlist. She frequently shares the stage with christainese occultists and is a guest speaker at Bill Johnson's School of the Supernatural.

Since she and her husband are in charge of orphanages, many consider them above criticism. I'm not saying Heidi and Roland consider themselves above criticism but many are hesitant to mention their closeness with shady associates. They do good works but they promote doctrines of demons big time.

"When I was sick and in prison, you comforted me, but you pointed me down the path of spiritual destruction".

This is no small matter and much thought and prayer has gone in to my stance on this before this thread was posted. The gospel Heidi promotes is very dangerous.

Last edited by bixbite; 08-01-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 AM

Heidi Baker was part of the Lakeland Revival with Todd Bentley......Need I say more !!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 AM

34,000 lies- ONE TRUTH

Jesus said; I am the way the TRUTH and the life

JOHN ch 4
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in (((truth))).
Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willybob View Post
34,000 lies- ONE TRUTH

Jesus said; I am the way the TRUTH and the life

JOHN ch 4
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in (((truth))).
1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord [is] gracious.

EagleTrumpet, the time has come for you to go directly to the Word if you have not done so already. Look not to a teacher in the flesh, for our Teacher (our only teacher) has ascended to the right hand of God.

In Christ,

Ron
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaS View Post
Heidi Baker was part of the Lakeland Revival with Todd Bentley......Need I say more !!!!
I totally understand the sentiment about the Lakeland 'revival', I felt pretty repulsed about it too. But actually, we do need to say more. whether she approved Lakeland for a season or still does approve Lakeland is not necessarily fruit. May be a misjudgment; may be a blind spot- not bad fruit.
Knowing them by their fruit is not necessarily finding them guilty by association(s) either. It is just as carnal to judge someone by their association with the Toronto movement, as the carnality that became so obvious in the Toronto movement.

The issue of fruit is: Is there evidence of a New Birth? Is there evidence that they are a new creation? The parable of the wheat and tares indicates that they will both be growing side by side, intermingled, and look just alike, until you can get closer and see the grain. This issue of most of Jesus' parable is the issue of true and false: sheep and goats, wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish; and the only way is to get closer and see the fruit. But when I judge with a blanket statement, or when I judge with a guilt by association, I give myself a excuse convenient to my flesh to not know them by their fruit.
Paul said in a few of his letters, "when i heard of you faith and your love for the brethren..." to churches he had never seen before. They were demonstrating by their lives a faith that was overcoming the world the first evidence being a departure from iniquity or lawlessness, a faith that works by love, and a love for other Christians. While I could get a lot more specific, THAT is the fruit we should be looking for.

I don't know anything about this ministry being questioned; never even heard of them. So I am not defending them or condemning them; just contending for righteous judgment and balance.