The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Prophecy, Dreams and Visions

Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 AM

Default Are There Any True Prophets in the World Today?

This is just something I've been wondering.

Are there any Jeremiahs, Hoseas, Ezekiels, Isaiahs? Voices that speak with authority that no one can dismiss or take apart?

If there are none is something wrong? Or is this normal?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:10 PM

DEUT 13 describes what a true profit is I am studing it now. Not an easy subject. But it is the opposite of what Churchianity has tought. Which comes to no suprise.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 PM

I believe that true prophets are out there, but just like willybob said " not of what has been taught."

Or even has been displayed by many many false prophets in this day and age.

I am very curious about your study willybob.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:22 PM

There are true prophets full of the Holy Spirit. You will not find them in the limelight. They don't make the conference rounds. They are not for sale and they don't prostitute the Gospel. I think Michael Boldea Jr is one. So is Nathan. There may even be a few others here. The prohpets of old lived unremarkable lives except for the rare times God spoke through them and used them for mighty works. Moses spent 40 years in the desert before he saw the burning bush. The Apostate church cannot even discern the still small voice of the Holy Spirit so if a true prophet did speak to them it would sound like jibberish. It wouldn't make any more sense to them than an unkown tongue.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:32 PM

I was just about to post something simular as you said bixbite.
They would not understand a true prophet or they would just get raging mad, just like it has happened to Isaiah and all the other prophets of old before.

I hope I said this right. my english seems not to work very well today. Maybe I should just speak in tongues for the rest of the day
Old 09-09-2009, 04:11 PM

Thank you for your responses.

It just seems like there are a multitude of dreams, visions and prophesies I hear on the internet -- sometimes I wonder who speaks the truth from God, and who is just imagining things to say -- thinking they are hearing from the Lord.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Default 2 Cents........

Dreams........I don't know how to interpret those and I think you should be careful when someone says they had a dream. I'm not saying God didn't give them an interpretation etc. Just be careful, discern and weigh what they say, what makes sense, and what the scriptures say. Funny thing is I had a strange dream a not too long ago and I wonder what God was saying. Or why I had the dream. I think it could be one thing, but then it may not be. I don't know what is the "line" so to speak. Where it becomes a prophetic dream ? Maybe one sign is the dream sticks. Or you remember it. I have two I can think of that could be ........ Not many others can I recall clearly or can say, "was God saying something". Maybe that is an indicator, that the dream sticks and you remember it for a long time. Honestly, how many dreams do you remember?

Remember, to listen to the voice of the Lord. Check everything against the bible.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM

Default How to tell

Here is a comprehensive link .........easy to read

http://www.harvestnet.org/teachings/...seprophets.htm
Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 PM

A true prophet of God is called by God and speaks for God a "THUS SAYS THE LORD." His message is first and foremost a message of repentance, and he will point out sin, and this is usually when God will send one, when sin is rampet , he will never be popular the man of the hour, with sinfull men, and He will never compromise the word of God.

There is a differance in a True Prophet of God and one who has the gift of Prophecy, Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom, People get these gifts mixed up, thinking one is a prophet who may operate in these gifts.

I believe when we witness a True Prophet of God in these end days he will walk under such Authority of God, there will be no mistaking.

I have seen prophetic voices but not one who comes in the name of the Lord saying,"Thus Says The Lord God" here in America, to be a prophet.

Michael Bodea is the closest I have seen, but I have never been around him to know, althought he has addressed the issue of sin and Idolatry.

God Bless, Lynn
Old 09-09-2009, 05:01 PM

Default yep

Tom Deckard, Daniel Rodes, Michael Boldea, Peter Kumar

There are also watchmen, who deliver warnings. The warnings are prophetic.

Others with obviously great spiritual authority are Reinhard Bonnke (evangelist), Sunday Adelaja (pastor, casts out demons, prophesies), Yonggi Cho (same as Adelaja)

At the teeny church I attend, we have prophecy in tongues, interpretation in tongues, healings of pains, cancers, growths...

All of God's authority vested in His people are still active today.

Man from Modesto

Last edited by Man from Modesto; 09-09-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: correct spelling for Yonggi Cho