The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > General Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 AM

Default Chuck Missler and Perry Stone

Chuck Missler and Perry Stone

Both of these men have spoken this week of the current events on TV shows, topics we talk about on these forums

Chuck is speaking about UFO's on Its Supernatural
http://www.sidroth.org/site/PageServer

Perry Stone talks about the NWO and says everything! Its quite a show this week. Go to his website to watch the show.
http://www.voe.org/
Old 12-16-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraiseHim View Post
Perry Stone talks about the NWO and says everything! Its quite a show this week. Go to his website to watch the show.
http://www.voe.org/
This really frustrates me. The episode is available for download on his site so I downloaded it and watched it only to discover that 20 mins in, it is a teaser for the DVD set they are selling!

Red flag here!!

If this information is important enough and indeed comes from God, then make the WHOLE EPISODE available for download. I'm not about to fork over AU$200 or more (for their DVD set) for something the Holy Spirit will lead me in anyway!!

If these people have true faith in God, they will know that He will provide them with the means to make His messages available to ALL who need to hear them.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:21 AM

I'm sorry in my opinion if it's on the main stream it's propoganda. Glen Beck talks about the NWO too. Hegelian Dialectic. I would hope I was wrong but I'm so leary of main stream anything.
IMHO
Chris
Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 AM

Chuck Missler - Important Rapture leader who is notorious for brazenly lying to his audience to curry favor. An entertaining public speaker popular on the cult circuit, Missler rolls out detailed and elaborate prevarications to pump up the Rapture doctrine was taught in the early church. In a typical presentation, in a rapid fire fashion, Chuck Missler will cite over a dozen ancient Christians (Irenaues, Hippolytus, Jerome, etc), with dates that sound authentic, and categorically state they all taught the pre-tribulation rapture. To an unlearned Christian, such a presentation is compelling.

Christian Media's James Lloyd, compiled recordings of the aforementioned presentations and reduced them to transcript form. He then tracked down the actual statements from each historical figure, and discovered not one ancient teacher or writer cited taught the pre-tribulation rapture! The results of that research, including the actual transcript of statments, formed a significant portion of the book, the Rapture and dishonesty in dispensationalism. The bottom line is, Chuck Missler is a very clever deceiver.

Bill

Bill

Last edited by willybob; 12-16-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willybob View Post
Chuck Missler - Important Rapture leader who is notorious for brazenly lying to his audience to curry favor. An entertaining public speaker popular on the cult circuit, Missler rolls out detailed and elaborate prevarications to pump up the Rapture doctrine was taught in the early church. In a typical presentation, in a rapid fire fashion, Chuck Missler will cite over a dozen ancient Christians (Irenaues, Hippolytus, Jerome, etc), with dates that sound authentic, and categorically state they all taught the pre-tribulation rapture. To an unlearned Christian, such a presentation is compelling.

Christian Media's James Lloyd, compiled recordings of the aforementioned presentations and reduced them to transcript form. He then tracked down the actual statements from each historical figure, and discovered not one ancient teacher or writer cited taught the pre-tribulation rapture! The results of that research, including the actual transcript of statments, formed a significant portion of the book, the Rapture and dishonesty in dispensationalism. The bottom line is, Chuck Missler is a very clever deceiver.

Bill

Bill
Bill,

Chuck Missler was one who I initially listened to a lot when I began my walk with Christ a little over twelve months ago. I was compelled by his presentations and felt that he was truly an enlightened teacher.

In June this year, I went to his 'Strategic Perspectives' presentation here in Geelong where I live. It was during this presentation that the Holy Spirit revealed many things about Chuck's teachings that made me question him.
It was also quite clear that he is making a tidy sum of money from his DVD productions and Koinonia Institute.
Two further things that really raised flags for me were his presentations on the book of Enoch, the Nephthalim and his pre-trib doctrines. None of this sat right with me.
God has since directed me NOT to read the book of Enoch but that is a whole topic in itself.

In short, based on what God has shown me to date, I agree with your assertion.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Watchman's Wifey and Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusDisciple View Post
This really frustrates me. The episode is available for download on his site so I downloaded it and watched it only to discover that 20 mins in, it is a teaser for the DVD set they are selling!

Red flag here!!

If this information is important enough and indeed comes from God, then make the WHOLE EPISODE available for download. I'm not about to fork over AU$200 or more (for their DVD set) for something the Holy Spirit will lead me in anyway!!

If these people have true faith in God, they will know that He will provide them with the means to make His messages available to ALL who need to hear them.
How ridiculous,

If he wants to sell his video he should just state that up front. Wow what a scam!
Galatians 2:20-21
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.