The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > End Time Delusion, Cults, and Heresies

Old 03-13-2010, 01:11 AM

Dear Ancient Follower:

Win Worley is one of those early NAR teachers who stressed casting out demons over repentance.

The false groundwork he and others like him laid in the seventies and eighties led to the innundation of the NAR teachings, and an overfocus on Satan. (read how Jesus does not like this focus on the Enemy... in Rev. 2:20, false teachers teach "the so called deep things of Satan" and Jesus is NOT pleased with this.) Notice that the Disciples did not make a ministry out of deliverance. Their ministry -- and ours -- is to preach the Word and be in obedience as we die to self, pick up our cross and follow him. Jesus tells us NOT to "glory in the fact we can cast out demons, but rather glory in the fact that our names are written in the Lamb's book of life".

Just watch Worley's mocking tones in his YouTube clips. The fact he was very overweight is not just a small issue, either, the man had a problem with the flesh. I also don't know if Win Worley's son is the same man as Randall Worley of the NAR, but I have a sneaking suspicion it is.

The fakery of some of the people in Worley's clips prefigures much of the flailing shaking and "over manifesting" of the Kundalini Spirit of Lakeland.

Satan wants us to focus on Him. Yet, Jesus said that "The gates of hell shall not prevail against" us because Satan and all the principalities and demons of Hell were overcome on the Cross. Satan can do NOTHING against us when we are dedicated to spreading the Kingdom by our witness and our preaching of the word. Our job is to testify, preach the word and not concentrate on demons overmuch, but rather, as David said,
"My sin is ever before me, have mercy o God"... a repentant heart will never attract the devil.

When dealing with demons, remember what the Lord said: "submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee!"

You and I cannot be delivered by exorcism of our sin, we can only repent of it, so that the demons have no reason to hang around.

We can not cast out our Cross by exorcism. We cannot be "emotionally healed" of our Cross, either. We all have one. It has to do with our own hearts and our own flesh and sin. Sin is the problem, not Satan. Satan CANNOT do anything that God does not allow him to do. Remember that, as you remember God never tries you beyond your strength. God will NEVER put you in a demonic situation that is beyond your ability to resist or cast out or deal with.

This does not mean the supernatural does not exist, what I am saying is that you and I have done heinous sins that have naturally invited Satan into our lives at one time or another.

Satan is NOT the source of our main problem, SIN. WE ARE. Our evil hearts, as we are BORN SINNERS, is the problem of every man woman and child on this earth.

Blaming Satan for our sin is the fruit of focussing too much on demonology.

Win Worley is dead, and oh, even the Worldwide Church of God, led by Herbert Armstrong before Armstrong and his repented of their false doctrine (about fifteen years ago I think)-- here, in 1980, they caught Worley in a whopper of a false discernment.

Here is the quote: http://www.hwarmstrong.com/ar/AR14.html

HERBERT ARMSTRONG DEMONS?

One of our readers recently showed us a copy of a book entitled Demolishing the Hosts of Hell. Its author is Win Worley, pastor of the Hegewisch Baptist Church of Highland, Indiana. Pastor Worley is a fundamentalist Baptist preacher who takes very literally the Bible's statements on demons. Further, he is looked to by many fundamentalist Christians as a leading exorcist, who claims to have exorcised demons from hundreds of tormented individuals.

We at the Report are not theologians nor have any of us had any experience in the area of demonology. So we do not wish to pass any kind of judgment on Pastor Worley's ministry. However, we did find one section of his book particularly interesting. On page 51 the author writes:

"I will list below some of the demons who have named themselves in the deliverance ministry. It is a frustrating job to attempt to classify the spirits and I was forced to make rather arbitrary placements.

"The names listed were actually given by the demons at the time of deliverances. As strange as they may sound, they are the culprits and describe their work. Perhaps the list will help the reader appreciate more fully the thoroughness with which Satan has infiltrated every area of our personalities, our lives and even our thought life."

The author then goes on to list hundreds of names he claims were given by demons in identifying themselves as he cast them out. Among the names listed - "Herbert Armstrong" (p. 54) .

We're frankly not sure of what significance (if any) this is, but we did find it amusing. For those who might wish to follow up on this, Pastor Worley's books are published by Hegewisch Baptist Church, P.O. Box 626, Lansing, Illinois 60438.

Now, that is exactly the false naming of EVERYTHING as being a demon.

That's like me saying that there is a demon of, oh, "OLIVER STONE" or a demon of "MARTIN SCORCESE" because they have made such Satanic films at times. It's ridiculous. Paul never said of Alexander the coppersmith, who did Paul "and the work of the Gospel much harm" that there was a demon named "Alexander the coppersmith". Alexander was a false teacher and deceived, he needed to be confronted, and his sin of false teaching resisted and shown up as false by the true Word of God. Paul "named names" out loud and in public in the way we also are to deal with false teachers.

Yet this guy Worley said a demon named itself "Herbert Armstrong". That's nuts. By the nineties, this sort of false teaching was made fun of with the idea that "there's a demon under every rock".

If Win Worley was such a discerner, how come he didn't see that this church was going to repent and become pleasing to the Lord? Instead he said that there was a demon, and indubitably believed that it needed to cast out of people at that church then, INSTEAD Of true discernment of doctrines of demons, which would have shown Worley that he needed to be praying for this church so that he might show them their false teachings... for indeed, they did repent?

You cannot cast out a "demon" of false teaching. Now, there is a demonic presence behind every false teaching and false prophecy, but you don't just cast it out. It needs to be turned away from and understood as sin and repented of as sin. Jesus REBUKED Peter's false thinking when Peter said "Oh no Lord you must not go to the Cross" but he did not cast out a demon from Peter, nor did He "bind the demon". Jesus corrected him, sharply because He knew the Tempter was using Peter's sentimentality and pride (that Peter's Rabbi, Jesus, would suffer such an infamous death on cross... it would make Peter look bad) Jesus knew Satan was using Peter to tempt Him away from the Cross. Peter did not need deliverance, he needed to be corrected against a stronghold of Satanic thinking. Jesus demonstrated how you "pull down a stronghold" of "every argument that resists the knowledge of God" by rebuking Satan's thoughts in Peter.

I had a friend who thought that by "binding a demon of idolatry" it meant that she was no longer in idolatry. Or she would "bind a demon of lust" and this meant she was no longer in lust. She was NAR of course, and tormented by Satan, actually, all the time. But she would not face the fact of her sin, nor try to understand her salvation that rests on the fact that she deserves, as we all do, God's wrath and death for our sin. Instead of turning from idolotry, she would rather "cast out the demon" of this sin, and then think she had repented of it.

Now, I'm sure many of us personally need or have needed deliverance of some sort, but if we are born again, and we confess our sins, and are washed clean, then we are swept clean. If we have a pattern of sin in our lives that we don't know how to break, we DO give Satan a foothold, and the church should be called upon for confession and cleansing and a strenthening of our vows to "mortify our members" which means KILL THE FLESH.

Worley is symptomatic of the need of the church thirty years ago to understand that the supernatural and demons do exist. But Worley went overboard and got into calling things "demons" that were not, and obviously he did not have any spiritual authority over the flesh, by the gluttonous gut he had that probably killed him. I would never have such a person as Worley lay hands on me, and I doubt if any true demons would submit to such a man, who could not control his baser appetites. Gluttony one of the seven deadly sins for a reason...

And believe me, I am trying to lose about five pounds, (er, maybe almost ten, I have been too scared to go on a scale) right now, I have nothing against fat, or fat people per se, but one must question such a big man's own personal overcomings of sin in his own walk, when the flesh is that obviously out of control.

There is someone else that is sort of a latter day version of Worley -- oh yeah-- Dave Larson. Google around, and you will see the problems with Larson as well.

Back to deliverance. Personally, I would not disobey God by "going beyond what is written" in Scripture, as we are to use the Old Testament as examples for us in this new modern dispensation of Pentecost, and remember that the Word of God, the Bible is sealed, and yet, powerful enough in its entirety to minister to us in all of our needs, answer all of our questions.

If you are truly born again, then you will understand that God gives each of us a deathly Cross to bear in our lives, something that we cannot overcome without His help, some sin or some situation that leads us into sin. It is there the that Satan will always try to enter in -- through the open door of sin that we may have opened in our lives.

Here is something the Lord once spoke to me. Test it by the Word of God yourself to see if it lines up with the Word...

The Enemy "always goes after the pain of the Cross, because behind everyone's Cross is their Promise"...

I think in our charismania we get caught up in too much demon obsessing and not enough recognizing of our own grossness and sin, as we remember, the Lord does not point out our sins without a REMEDY, the transformational power of the Cross to transform us into His image. Satan is never the cause of our sin.. our wicked hearts are the cause of our sin. I think that is the main false teaching that naturally arises out of teachings such as Win Worley's.

Whew. Sorry. I guess I needed to riff. Bless you and hope that helps. I've been there, done that with that demon under every rock thing and == it doesn't work. Though I do believe in dealing with Satan just as the Lord did, when He did.

Last edited by AriseMyLove; 03-13-2010 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:45 AM

P.S. Just reread your first post again. Anger is a sin, Ancient Follower.

If you are manifesting in a church, I would suggest that you get out of that church, if there is no one who lovingly will deal with you on this open display of the Enemy.

There is no such thing as mass deliverance demonstrated in the Bible. It was a one-on-one type of thing. We are forbidden from doing anything, especially supernatural things, that were not demonstrated in the Bible. That is "going beyond what is Written" and it is a sin of itself.

Find someone you trust in the Lord to lay hands on you and confess your hurt, your fear, your anger, your doubt, your unbelief, your unforgiveness of someone who has wounded you, etc, confess it "one to another" and renounce any agreement you have with Satan that it is okay with God for your to feel this way. Ask the Lord to specifically show you where to go for this prayer and go. Then you will have "submitted yourself to God, resisted the devil, and he WILL FLEE FROM YOU!"

If you feel unable to voluntarily submit to this type of confession of sin, you need deliverance and ask the person to pray and fast for you so they will be able, as Jesus instructed the disciples, to cast it out. Fasting gives us an "overcoming of the flesh" that is the required authority over sin to cast out demons. Email Nathan here if you still have a problem of this.

Last edited by AriseMyLove; 03-13-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:33 AM
Banned

Default Ancient Follower EVERY Christain Has Power and Authority in Jesus Name to cast out De

Ancient Follower: EVERY Christain Has Power and Authority in Jesus Name to cast out Demons,
NO Where IN SCRIPTURE IS THERE A OFFICE OF DELIVERENCE MINSTRY !
THAT CHURCH AND MINISTRY IN THAT VIDEO BELOW I HAVE WATCH BEFORE IS A FALSE TEACHING DOCTRINE MADE UP BY DECEIVED MEN ONCE AGAIN LYING IN JESUS NAME, AS JESUS HIMSELF SAID MANY WOULD TRY TO DECEIVE US IN THE LAST DAYS,
Mat 7:22Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
Mat 24:4And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.

Mat 24:5For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

THIS IS WHAT SCRIPTURE TEACHES ABOUT ALL CHRISTIANS CASTING OUT DEMONS,
Mat 10:8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
Mat 12:28But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
Mar 3:15and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:

Mar 16:17And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;
WHERE DOES SCRIPTURE SHOW CHRISTIANS CASTING DEMONS OUT OF EACH OTHER AT CHURCH SERVICES ????
THIS IS WHAT SCRIPTURE SAY'S WHEN YOU COME TO ASSEMBLY TOGETHER TO WORSHIP AND FOLLOWSHIP
1Cr 14:26 How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.
1Cr 14:27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret.
1Cr 14:28 But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God.
1Cr 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge.
1Cr 14:30 But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent.
1Cr 14:31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.
1Cr 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Cr 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.
1Cr 14:34 Let your[fn4] women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.
1Cr 14:35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
1Cr 14:36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached?
1Cr 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
1Cr 14:38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.[fn5]
1Cr 14:39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.
1Cr 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Where do you see casting Demons out of Christians in Chruch ??? in these Scriptures ? Instructions for fellowship ?
That video is False Teaching, The SNAKE SATAN is leading Christains AWAY from God's Word and The Truth !
2Ti 2:15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Follower View Post
Churches that focus on deliverance...should we beware of them?

Can someone point me in the right direction? I feel the Lord has lead me to deliverance for myself and possibly to bring it to others....however I don't know if I am being deceived. Starting to feel a bit confused.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:27 AM

Default Thank you AriseMyLove & Larry

Thanks AriseMyLove & Larry for your input on this issue of the deliverance teachings of Win Worley. I had never heard of him and went to his site after someone here recommended him.

***I felt led to edit the part of this post I had written before because it wasn't edifying.

Blessings to all,
Marlene

Last edited by SinnerSavedByGrace; 03-13-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriseMyLove View Post
Dear Ancient Follower:

Win Worley is one of those early NAR teachers who stressed casting out demons over repentance.

The false groundwork he and others like him laid in the seventies and eighties led to the innundation of the NAR teachings, and an overfocus on Satan. very overweight is not just a small issue, either, the man had a problem with the flesh. I also don't know if Win Worley's son is the same man as Randall Worley of the NAR, but I have a sneaking suspicion it is.

AML, Worley only had one son and his name is Tim...Tim is not in full time ministry. With all due respect, it is neither wise nor necessary to cast disparaging inuindos upon another person, particularly a fellow believer, using the guise of a "sneaking suspicion". If you truely believe that Worley was not a true servant, then please stick to facts that you can prove.

Your statement that Worley was a forerunner to the NAR movement is a false presumption, void of substance. Worley is documented on numerous audios and videos sounding the alarm against what we now know as the NAR. He preached adamantly against teachers and teachings of Kingdom Theology, Dominionism, Manifest Sons of God, Word Faith, and on a 1992 video he warned about the Kundalini spirit that had raised its ugly head.

Concerning Worley's obesity that plagued him, particularly the final four years of his life, I also am baffled by that. Perhaps it was part of what helped keep him so humble; or was used of God to dissuade others from idolizing him. Worley was only a man. Like all men, he had feet of clay. He was greatly used of God because he knew he was nothing and he served God with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Over the years, many approached Worley at the end of a sermon and asked for his forgiveness concerning judgements they had made about his obesity when he first walked on stage. One man, sobbing, said, "Please forgive me. I judged you sharply in my heart when I first saw you...then when you started talking about Jesus, and love poured out of you like a river, I almost died of conviction!"

Welcome back AriseMyLove...this place hasn't been the same without you.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611 View Post
One man, sobbing, said, "Please forgive me. I judged you sharply in my heart when I first saw you...then when you started talking about Jesus, and love poured out of you like a river, I almost died of conviction!"
Wow I felt the same way when I first discovered his teachings, but I listened to him and he sounded alright. I have been perplexed over this topic of deliverance over the past few months but yesterday I listened to an AMAZING message of deliverance by David Wilkerson. I think as Christians we can struggle with things but all the power we need is in Christ we just need to cling to the cross. As for nonbelievers I believe it is a different story. We could "clean them up" but it will just leave them worse off because the demons will come and bring 7 more. Everything David said made TOTAL sense. Before being saved I struggled, got cleaned up, but eventually I ended worse off than my first state because I wasn't saved. Below is a link to the audio message.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/m...w=itemComments
Old 03-13-2010, 12:15 PM

Also in reference to his obesity or gluttony I think this can go back to the thorn in the flesh. I know I have things I struggle with. But my struggle is what continually brings me to the cross. If I had total deliverance which I have asked for many times I wouldn't be as humble. In my own flesh I cannot overcome its this struggle that brings me constantly to my knees.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611 View Post
AML, Worley only had one son and his name is Tim...Tim is not in full time ministry. With all due respect, it is neither wise nor necessary to cast disparaging inuindos upon another person, particularly a fellow believer, using the guise of a "sneaking suspicion". If you truely believe that Worley was not a true servant, then please stick to facts that you can prove.

Your statement that Worley was a forerunner to the NAR movement is a false presumption, void of substance. Worley is documented on numerous audios and videos sounding the alarm against what we now know as the NAR. He preached adamantly against teachers and teachings of Kingdom Theology, Dominionism, Manifest Sons of God, Word Faith, and on a 1992 video he warned about the Kundalini spirit that had raised its ugly head.

Concerning Worley's obesity that plagued him, particularly the final four years of his life, I also am baffled by that. Perhaps it was part of what helped keep him so humble; or was used of God to dissuade others from idolizing him. Worley was only a man. Like all men, he had feet of clay. He was greatly used of God because he knew he was nothing and he served God with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Over the years, many approached Worley at the end of a sermon and asked for his forgiveness concerning judgements they had made about his obesity when he first walked on stage. One man, sobbing, said, "Please forgive me. I judged you sharply in my heart when I first saw you...then when you started talking about Jesus, and love poured out of you like a river, I almost died of conviction!"

Welcome back AriseMyLove...this place hasn't been the same without you.

I know Tim and his wife, I've been to their home in Texas for Virginia Worley's (W Worley's wife) memorial service. He is NOT in ministry. Win Also has grandsons, one is named Jason who would be about 30ish and the other two grandsons are in their early teens. So confirming 1611 post no this person not related to the Worley's.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 PM

When W Worley became very ill and was hospitalized, his wife Virginia told me that he lost almost all the weight that plagued him over many years while in the hospital, it was all water weight, she said he looked so good, also W Worley was very tall he was 6' 3" so the loss of 150 or so pounds would have put him into a more normal range of weight for his height, He was not a big eater. (FYI) I have a Christian Sister who was 400 lbs and had the lap-band done a year ago she only loss 75lbs. She can not eat hardly anything but her weight is still around 325lbs....there is more to the weight problems people are plagued with then just over-eating.....have compassion for those who are struggling with their weight.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Banned

Those who teach that Christians need “demons cast out” of them are going beyond the boundaries of the Word of God.

Can you imagine Paul casting demons out of Peter?

Can you imagine Peter casting demons out of James?

Can you imagine James casting demons out of Titus?

I challenge any professed student of Scripture to show where anyone who loved God in the Word ever needed demons cast out of them if they were Born Again.

This false teaching takes our focus off of the Delivering Power of the Blood of Jesus and places our focus on being set free by means other than the Cross (ie, "deliverance meetings")

The only method of freedom in Scripture is repentance from sin and faith towards our Lord Jesus Christ.

Don’t pay heed to those claiming that “you need deliverance” unless the deliverance they offer comes through repentance and faith, which are plainly backed by the Word of God.

Casting demons out of Christians is not found in one single verse of the Word God.

Do you want to genuinely be free?

The answer is in your crying out to God for Biblical transformation and not by paying heed to those who go outside of the written Word of God.