The Watchman's Cry  

Go Back   The Watchman's Cry > Fellowship Hall > Current Events

Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM

Default The Seven Year Peace Treaty in Israel Has Been Signed

Is this the Treaty mentioned in the Bible or is it a Treaty at all?
http://beforeitsnews.com/news/34247/...en_Signed.html
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM

I have known about the ENP for quite some time... signed Jan 2007... which if it would indeed be the peace treaty.... we will be coming up on the halfway mark this summer...............
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Please explain this to me. If I'm understanding this correctly Javier Solano confirmed an agreement on loans to middle eastern countries on Jan.1, 2007 but if you look at that article it says this was a renewal so the original agreement was back in 2000. I must be missing something here because I don't understand how that can fit in to prophecy if it's a renewal and not an original agreement.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:25 PM

This will explain alot of the theory on Javiar Solana and the 7 year treaty (ENP) with the 10 nation alliance. The document that created the post of High Representative, which is Javiar Solanas, was number 666.

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/page/overview/
Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 PM

Thank You W&W that makes things clearer.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 AM

confirmed an agreement on loans to middle eastern countries on Jan.1, 2007 but if you look at that article it says this was a renewal so the original agreement was back in 2000. I must be missing something here because I don't understand how that can fit in to prophecy if it's a renewal and not an original agreement.

I heard a speaker talking about Daniel 11, specifically the scripture which pertains to the peace treaty and he pointed out the word "confirm" in the scripture. He said the word means, "strengthen", and his point was, the AC will "strengthen" a treaty which could Already be in place. Such as the 1994 treaty, (forget what it was called, sorry, I'm here at work and don't have my reference material at hand) It made sense to me. He said, most Christians are looking for the AC to come along and make a "New" peace treaty, but, again, he pointed to the word "confirm", or strengthen. Just something to consider.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:32 AM

Theodeneel - That would be what the ENP treaty would be... a confirmed treaty like that spoken of in Daniel...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 AM

Exclamation Is there a 7 yr treaty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by friend01 View Post
Is this the Treaty mentioned in the Bible or is it a Treaty at all?
http://beforeitsnews.com/news/34247/...en_Signed.html
Hello Brothers and Sisters,
I was a little hesitant to post on this because the 7 yr doctrine is has been ingrained in most of us from as far back as we can remember. However, I do believe that The Lord wants His children to know the truth. That being said, if you are looking for some man to make a 7 yr peace treaty with Israel you will be looking for a long time. Now I know I am going to draw a lot of flak for this so let me say upfront that I am posting this for you to take to the Lord for consideration. He will lead us into all truth if we will let the Holy Spirit lead us. Debate will never convince anyone to change their mind, so lets try not to go there. The truth can stand on it’s own.

Christians often debate about whether Jesus Christ will return for His Church before the seven years of tribulation (the “pre-trib” view), in the middle of the seven years (the “mid-trib” view), or at the end of the seven years (the “post-trib” view). Yet by far the most important question worth asking is: Does the Bible really predict a future “7 year period of tribulation” in the first place?

Shockingly, there is no specific Bible text predicting any 7 year tribulation. The entire theory is based on an interpretation of one primary verse, Daniel 9:27, which says:

“He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease… (Daniel 9:27 KJV).

Modern interpreters often conclude:

1. The “He” is the Antichrist
2. Antichrist will make a treaty with the Jews for “one week” (the last week of the 70-week/490-year prophecy) meaning 7 years of Tribulation.
3. In the middle of the Tribulation, Antichrist will cause the sacrifices of a rebuilt Jewish temple “to cease.”

Thus Daniel 9:27 is applied to Antichrist, a 7 year Tribulation, and a rebuilt Jewish temple, yet the verse itself says none of this.

The following ten points provide solid evidence that Daniel’s 70th week doesn’t refer to any future Tribulation at all. Rather, it was fulfilled nearly two thousand years ago.

1. The prophecy of “seventy weeks” means seventy straight sequential weeks. There is no example in Scripture (or anywhere else!) of a time period starting, stopping, and then starting again. All biblical references to time are consecutive: 40 days and 40 nights (Genesis 7:4), 400 years in Egypt (Genesis 15:13), etc.
2. The 70th week follows immediately after the 69th week. If it doesn’t, then it cannot properly be called the 70th week!
3. It is illogical to insert a 2,000-year gap between the 69th and 70th week. There is no gap between the first seven weeks and sixty-two weeks. Why insert one between the 69th and 70th week?
4. Daniel 9:27 says nothing about any tribulation, or antichrist. Zero!
5. Daniel 9:24-27’s focus is the Messiah. After the Messiah is “cut off” (referring to Christ’s death), “the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.” This refers to the destruction of Jerusalem by Roman armies led by Prince Titus in A.D. 70. (4)
6. “He shall confirm the covenant.” Paul said “the covenant” was “confirmed before by God in Christ” (Galatians 3:17). Jesus Christ came “to confirm the promises made to the fathers” (Romans 15:8). The word “covenant” is Messianic, and always applies to the Messiah, not antichrist.
7. “He shall confirm the covenant with many.” Jesus said, “This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many…” (Matthew 26:28). Jesus was quoting Daniel 9:27 specifically.
8. “In the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice…to cease.” After 3 ½ years of ministry, Jesus Christ’s death put an end to all sacrifices in God’s sight. He is the final Sacrifice!
9. “For the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate” (Daniel 9:27, KJV). It was abominable for the Jewish leaders to put God’s Son to death. This ended their temple. Jesus predicted, “Your house is left to you desolate” (Matthew 23:38).
10. The 70 weeks applied to the Jewish people (Daniel 9:24). Christ’s public ministry lasted 3 ½ years during which His focus was “the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 10:6). After His resurrection and then for another 3 ½ years, His disciples preached mostly to Jews (see Acts 1-6). When the Jewish Sanhedrin stoned Stephen in 34 AD (see Acts 7), the gospel shifted to the Gentiles (see Acts 13:46)–exactly as prophecy predicted.

These eight words found in Daniel 9:27: “confirm… covenant… many… midst… sacrifice… cease… abominations… desolate” all find perfect fulfillment in Jesus Christ and early Christian history. One major reason why the Jewish nation as a whole failed to receive its Messiah was because its scholars misinterpreted Daniel 9:27. They failed to see Jesus Christ as the predicted One who would die in the midst of the 70th week! The same thing is happening today as Christian scholars misapply the same prophecy.

The entire text of Daniel 9:24-27 is often translated by modern Bible versions to fit the bias of the translators and to support false “Futurist” positions. To avoid these errors and bias, we will stick to the King James Version. Here’s the entire text:

(24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

(25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

(26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

(27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

From the text we see the angel tells Daniel that seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city. The “he” in Daniel 9:27a refers to none other than Jesus Christ, “the Messiah” referred to in verses 25 and 26. Our Messiah “confirmed the covenant,” which means the new covenant, and after 3 ½ years of holy ministry He Himself caused “the sacrifice ... to cease” by His death on the cross. This position not only fits the context of Daniel 9:24-27, the facts of history, and New Testament evidence (see Romans 15:8 and Matthew 26:28)

Grammatically, it makes sense that all references to “he” in Daniel 9:27 refer to the same person throughout the text, that is, to Jesus Christ Himself. Simply read the entire verse in the KJV. The “it” that is made “desolate” refers to the Jewish sanctuary. Speaking to the leaders of Israel, Jesus mournfully declared, “Behold, your house is left unto you desolate” (Matthew 23:38). But how could Jesus Christ make the Jewish sanctuary desolate? The answer is simple: By His death on the cross. When Jesus finally cried out, “It is finished” (John 19:30), the entire Jewish temple service, including its sacrifices, “ceased” to be of value in the sight of God. It was “desolate.”

The entire drama surrounding the fate of the Temple included the Jews, the Messiah, and finally, Roman armies led by Titus that finished the job in 70 A.D.

Enough said and sorry for the long post! God bless!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:46 AM

Salt,

Your post makes SO much sense to me!! I have not been a member of any church for any length of time and have thus not been exposed to many of the common teachings of today. My only exposure to teachings other than the Holy Spirit and the bible have been online, first through Youtube (which Jesus convicted me of spending too much time and reliance upon through a dream) and later, through ministries such as this precious one right here on Watchman's Cry.

The one thing I have failed to see personally has been the scriptural support for the 7 year tribulation. Until now, I have simply relied on what others (such as Chuck Missler) have stated regarding Daniel's 70 weeks and concluded (perhaps incorrectly) that because they are more experienced than I am in the interpretation of scripture, that they are correct.
However, Jesus is teaching me to question everything I have seen and heard over the last 18 or so months and to submit it all to Him to reveal to me what He wants me to learn.
I know there are many here who claim to have scriptural evidence for the 7 year great tribulation (or some say 3 1/2 years) but until Jesus reveals this to me in a convincing way, I must not rely on the teachings of common propagation.

What you have posted here I do not take as a teaching but more as a confirmation of what the Holy Spirit is revealing and I pray that each of us consider all possibilities through prayer and patience, always waiting for Jesus to reveal the truth to us and not relying on common perception.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 AM

Salt:

It never made sense to me that the 70th week would come at some later time rather than consecutively (sense God is orderly).

If what you have posted is true then many of us are looking the wrong way.

I do believe that there is a coming Antichrist (2 Thess 2:3) -- "the man of sin" is still on the horizon.

Thank you for this post.